We will go over how to flash distributions on a PinePhone. You can easily flash Manjaro, Arch, Ubuntu Touch, Mobian, and any other ARM distribution available on the wiki linked below.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Installing a new distribution on your Pinephone is as easy as flashing an ISO to the internal storage,
- Download the Jumpdrive image. Visit this page and grab the latest version of Jumpdrive.
- Flash the Jumpdrive image to a SD card. Using buring tool such as Etcher, plug in the SD card to your computer. You may need a converter or a special USB to connect the card. Burn the .img.
- Boot from the SD card. Put the card in your phone and when you reboot you should see a static Jumpdrive screen.
- Connect the PinePhone to your computer via USB. Plug your phone into the computer via USB.
- Flash the exposed (mounted) PinePhone drive with a chosen OS image as you’d flash any SD card. Jumpdrive will allow your computer to reconize the internal storage as a drive. Use Etch to burn your distro of choice to your phone.
- Disconnect the PinePhone from your PC, power it down and remove the Jumpdrive SD card. After you remove the SD card and reboot you will be in your new system.