How to adjust microphone volume. To adjust the volume for your microphone on Windows machines. This will work for USB devices and many other audio interfaces. Check out the video for additional trouble shooting tips including drivers and setting changes.
How to Raise Mic Levels. Step-by-step:
- Click Start, type mmsys.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In the Sound dialog box, click the Recording tab. Click Microphone, and then click Properties. Note: Make sure that Working appears under Microphone. If Working does not appear, click Microphone, and then click Set Default.
- In the Microphone Properties dialog box, click the Custom tab.
- Select or clear the Microphone Boost check box.
- Click the Levels tab.
- Adjust the volume slider to the level that you want, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Sound dialog box.