How to update drivers for Windows 10. Drivers are essential to how your Windows machine preforms. We will review updating though Windows Update, Device Manager, Microsoft Update Catalog, and various manufacture update portals. Important resources below.
In addition, there is a method to updating drivers when there is no step-up file or installer available. The first video will be on the general methods of updating drivers and the last video will be on how to update drivers when no set-up or .exe/.msi file is provided.
How to Manually Update Drivers
This method works for Windows 7, 8, and 10
Example of Windows drovers with no set-up file.
- Download the driver with no set-up file available and place the files in an easy to find directory.
- Open up the device manager by searching “device manager” in the start menu.
- Locate the device that needs updated, right click on it and select ‘Update Driver Software…’.
- A new window will pop-up and you’re going to want to select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- Click browse and navigate to the directory you saved the driver files in. Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘Next”.
- It will begin updating your driver with the files you selected. If you need any help please watch the video below.
Manual driver location though device manager..
Microsoft Update Catalog: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
Acer Driver Updates: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
Asus Driver Updates: https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/
Dell Driver Updates: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?app=drivers
HP Driver Updates: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
Lenovo Driver Updates: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht003029
Toshiba Driver Updates: https://support.dynabook.com/drivers